Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Concert Series - Wilco in Little Rock, 9-18-2007

The second time I saw Wilco was five years after the first time*, and five years after the band released their best album, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot**.  I think this was the first time Wilco had played in Little Rock, and I don't think they've been back***.  And that's a shame, because the show was fantastic.  After my wife and I had some pre-concert beers at our local neighborhood pub with our friends Brett & Jackie, we drove the three or so miles from our neighborhood**** to the concert venue and enjoyed every moment.  Luckily, YouTube has come through with several concert clips, three of which I've embedded below for your viewing pleasure (sorry for the video and sound quality, though):






*  Boston, 2002
**  The making of the album, an unquestionable triumph, was caught in all its ugly glory in the documentary, I Am Trying to Break Your Heart.  Highly recommended.
***  NOTE TO WILCO:  We'd welcome you back with open arms!
****  One of the many Best Things about our neighborhood, Hillcrest, is how close it is to the downtown area for events such as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment