Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday video - The Clash

Its a tossup, really.  The Rolling Stones' Exile on Main Street or The Clash's London Calling.  That is, what rock album do I think is the best of ALL-TIME.  Its a question I'll likely take to the grave, forever tormenting me.  Ah, but what a torment.  At least I get to bathe in all of those wonderful tracks as my brain ties itself in knots ;)

Today, I'm giving you a double dose from London Calling, as well as an added bonus.


I, of course, was seven years old when London Calling was released, so I never got a chance to see them play live (and, sadly, with Joe Strummer now rocking the afterlife, I never will).  Nevertheless, despite learning to adore this album well after its original release, I do not hesitate to call it a masterpiece of the highest magnitude.*

Hooray!  You made it to the end of this post!  And now for your bonus!  My favorite Clash song, from their debut album:


*  What, you say?  Too over-the-top??  Oh, pardon me!  Have you ever heard London Calling?  If you think I'm overstating things, then obviously you have not.

No comments:

Post a Comment